Car accidents are serious and, unfortunately, occur every day. While an accident alone is bad, if it occurs because of someone else’s negligence or reckless actions while behind the wheel, the situation is made even worse – and more complicated. If you find yourself in this type of situation, the best thing you can do is contact our team of skilled, experienced Washington DC car accident lawyers. We can review you case, gather evidence and take the necessary steps to help you get the justice and recover the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Washington DC Car Accidents
There are many ways a car accident may occur. There are also some collisions that are more likely to result in a serious injury than others. We can handle all types of car accidents that may occur, including the following:
- Head-on collisions: These take place when two vehicles hit each other (as the name implies) head on. In many cases, these collisions prove to be fatal for one or both of the individuals involved.
- Rear-end collisions: This type of accident takes place when one vehicle hits the vehicle directly in front of it. It can happen because of a sudden deceleration, or if one of the vehicles accelerates more quickly than the vehicle in front of it. In most cases, the injuries that occur in the passengers in the car hit will be more severe, with whiplash being extremely common in this type of accident.
- Side impact collisions: Commonly called being “broadsided,” or a “T-bone” wreck, this occurs when the side of one vehicle is hit by the back or front of another car or some object. The injuries that occur in this type of accident are often extremely serious, especially compared to the other accident types, but there are a number of variables that will impact the extent of injuries and damages that occur.
- Sideswipe collisions: This type of accident occurs when the sides of two vehicles that are right next to one another “swipe” each other or touch.
How to Maximize Compensation After a Washington DC Car Accident
The damages that occur after a car accident can be significant, not to mention the injuries that the driver and passengers may incur. When you hire our team of attorneys to represent you in a car accident claim, you will find that we can help you recover compensation for many damages, with some of the most common being:
- Lost wages
- Medical costs (present and future)
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
Keep in mind, the goal of the insurance adjuster is to settle a car accident case for as little as possible. It is our goal to help our clients recover the maximum amount of compensation allowed by law. Our Washington DC car accident lawyers are working for you and will continue to fight diligently to ensure you receive the amount you deserve from the insurance company.
Get Our Washington DC Car Accident Lawyers Working for You
Don’t let the devastating aftermath of a car accident keep you from recovering and seeking justice. While this experience can be traumatizing and is often devastating to those involved, we are here to help you recover. Our team will work diligently on your case and ensure you understand each step of the process along the way.
If you have questions or would like to set up an initial consultation, contact our Washington Dc car accident lawyers at Hilton & Somer today at 703-782-8349. We are ready to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.